The best way to avoid defective work is to take steps to prevent it from happening in the first place. There are a number of things that you can do to minimise the risk of defective work, including:
- Carefully select the contractor
- Obtain references from previous clients
- Review the contractor’s license, qualifications and experience
- Inspect the work regularly
- Promptly report any defects to the contractor
By taking these steps, you can help to ensure that your construction project is completed on time and to your satisfaction.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation