On Monday, in the King’s Birthday Honours List, the Honourable Graham Robert Mullane, a member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia was recognised for his significant service to the judiciary, to the law and to the community.
Graham founded our law firm now known as Mullane & Lindsay in 1976. He practised as a solicitor at the firm until 1986 when he was appointed as a Judge in the Newcastle Registry of the Family Court of Australia at aged 39. Graham served in this role until 2008.
After retiring from his role as a respected Judge, he then took on many other roles in the law, which included:
- Judicial Member New South Wales Administrative Decisions Tribunal, 2009-2013.
- Costs Assessor, New South Wales Supreme Court, 2009-2014
- Deputy Chair, Health Professional Tribunal, 2012-2013
- Acting District Court Judge, District Court of New South Wales, 2014-2019
- Part-time Principal Member and Appeal Panel Member, 2014-2019
Graham has been involved with the Scout Association of Australia since 1966. He was awarded the Scout Association Medal of Merit in 1994. He has chaired many well-known foundations, boards and associations. He was the chairperson of the Royal Newcastle Hospital from 1981 to 1986.
The above is only a brief summary of his many life achievements. He has accomplished so much during his lifetime with the support of his wife Dawn.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation