Divorce and relationship breakdown causes enormous stress and uncertainty. It is characterized by great emotional and financial upheaval. The future can seem a dark and unfriendly place.
Our family law team is very experienced at combining skills in listening, advising and supporting clients during these difficult periods. We address the legal issues and aim to take some of the load off you and help put you back in control.
We give guidance to clients and families to resolve the potentially complex issues in relation to children and financial matters. We will work with you to plan strategies and priorities and find solutions to problems.
The issues you face on separation may spill over different areas of law such as employment; family violence; loans and mortgages; wills and superannuation; commercial and business. Our family law team applies its broad experience to all such issues, but we can provide you with a complete service by utilizing the technical and professional support of the firm's in-house non-family lawyers.
Our team of solicitors is headed by directors Mark Sullivan and Ashleigh John, both of whom are Accredited Specialists in Family Law and have been included in the Doyle's Guide to Leading Family Lawyer Rankings in Newcastle & Central Coast, 2019. Rose Laffan has been providing services to clients exclusively in Family & Relationships Law for over 10 years, and has a Masters in Applied Family Law. Matilda Jackson-Fowler works with each of us on our larger more complex matters and is building up her own individual client base since joining the team in January 2018. We are here to help you.
The team's personal assistants Rebecca Fren, Angela Newsome, Sally-Anne Henderson and Lani Fahey have all chosen to work in the area of family and relationship breakdowns. They are caring, empathetic and highly trained. In order to provide premium service to you and to the team, they undergo regular specialist training. Their efforts are valued by our clients and staff.
You can benefit from our close working relationships with many legal, government, charitable and counselling agencies all working in the Family Relationship Sector. We have been active members of Family Law Pathways Network Newcastle and apply all of the knowledge learned from our associations and memberships to our clients.
If you have a problem that needs solving in any of the following areas, we can help you:
- Property settlement and property division, Superannuation splitting, Maintenance and spouse support;
- Parenting Issues (residence, relocation and shared parenting arrangements), including orders, Parenting Plans;
- Court proceedings in the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court
- Child support;
- New relationships- am I dating, courting, or in a de facto relationship?
- Financial Agreements – Co-habitation Agreements, Pre-nuptial Agreements and Separation Agreements;
- Blended Family and Second Marriage Issues (will making, estate planning and testamentary trusts, superannuation entitlements, will disputes);
- Adoption, Surrogacy, IVF
- LGBTIA related issues and discrimination; and
- Domestic Violence Issues;
For more information about Separation, Family and Relationship law issues, please contact us.