In family law matters parties have a duty to make timely, full and frank disclosure of all information relevant to the issues in dispute. Examples of documents regularly disclosed in property settlement matters include:
- a schedule of assets, income, liabilities and superannuation entitlements
- market appraisals, motor vehicle registration certificates, annual member superannuation statements, loan documents, insurance policies
- documentary evidence of gifts, inheritances, windfalls and personal injury claims
- Child support assessments, financial agreements
- Trust deeds, financial statements, tax returns, wage slips and bank statements.
Mullane and Lindsay’s document management system includes a Client Portal. Clients can access a range of documents relevant to their matter whenever they need. They can also upload documents to their file which we find is very useful for facilitating disclosure in property settlement matters, and exchanging documentary information in all other matters.
Covid 19 has highlighted the Portal’s benefits to our clients when working remotely with us. It can reduce queries about progress of matters and delays in exchanging documents. If you are an existing client and would like a Client Portal login, please let us know.