I'm thinking of having my partner move into my house. Do I need an agreement to protect myself?

A Binding Financial Agreement (BFA) is a legal agreement between a couple who are entering a relationship, in a relationship, or ending a relationship.  It relates to financial matters of the parties and is worthwhile entering into if you have assets of value that you wish to protect should the relationship end.  Both parties need to enter into the agreement willingly and receive independent advice – ie each party will need their own independent solicitor.