Dad died without a will, what now?

When someone dies without a will the rules of intestacy apply. Dad's assets will be distributed according to a statutory formula. Depending on the extent of the assets someone may need to apply for a grant of letters of administration from the Supreme Court. This is usually done by the beneficiary with the greatest interest in the estate. Legal advice should be obtained to determine who should apply.